Don’t Use A Public Restroom If You Spot This Seemingly Harmless Decoration


Like most people, if I saw a coat hook in a hotel bathroom, I’d probably hang my towel on it and be on my way. But it turns out that hundreds of coat hooks in bathrooms, hotels, and houses across the US are harbouring a dark, terrifying secret that has the power to ruin your life.

Detectives are investigating reports of hidden cameras disguised as coat hooks that have been planted in women’s restrooms across the US. The hook spy cameras are readily available to buy online and are advertised as home security cameras. They even record in full HD video.

The cameras are motion activated, so when someone enters the bathroom, they automatically start recording. They continue to record until either the battery runs out or the device runs out of storage space. Head over to the next page to discover more about where these terrifying devices were found.

MCSO reported on their Facebook page:

“Detectives in the Upper Keys are investigating three reports involving hidden cameras found in women’s restrooms. In all three incidents, miniature cameras hidden in coat hooks were found mounted on the walls in the women’s restrooms. They were found at Anne’s Beach on May 26th, the Circle K Store at the 99.8 mile marker of Highway U.S. One on May 28th and in the women’s bathroom at Harry Harris Park in Tavernier today.”

Technology has reached the point where hidden cameras can be incredibly small and masked in various everyday items which you would never expect. This particular one is very worrying considering it’s resemblance to an item found in almost all bathrooms.

Police departments across the country are now performing checks in public facilities, keeping an eye out for these cameras.

“Nowadays, with the advances in technology, all you need to do is insert a MicroSD card. The battery life for these coat hooks, I looked it up, is two hours. Then, you just take it out, pop it in the computer, and you have all your images. It’s real simple and easy. They just walk in, hang it up, walk out, go back a few hours later and take it off.”